Knowing that students working with other students can be a powerful collaborative addition to a traditional classroom education, the mission of the BHS Peer Coaching Center is to:
- Support and encourage students of all levels and abilities, using a peer coaching model.
- Train peer coaches who will partner with students seeking support, providing both coach and coachee with learning opportunities.
- Create a diverse group of coaches recruited from all cultures at BHS, encouraging all students to feel welcome in the Coaching Center.
- Offer appointment times with peer coaches during, before and after the school day.
- Encourage independence and maturity by demonstrating persistence and problem-solving skills.